By Dena Burroughs -- May 6, 2017
BBQ and Beer Festival happening in Santa Clarita this weekend
This year’s BBQ & Beer Festival started yesterday in Santa Clarita. Adrianne Lerma-Corcoran was there to enjoy it and above you’ll see some of her pictures. Yesterday’s music was by the Yachtley Crew, which played 70s and 80s hits. The festival continues today and tomorrow with a new line up of bands. Here’s what you need to know:
- They will check your I.D. and your backpacks at the gate.
- As far as food, you can expect: pork ribs, tri tip, pulled pork, spicy sausage, corn, nachos, mac n cheese, garlic fries, desserts, etc. Prices range $3 to $16.
- Breweries: lots of them, including Burts Honeywheat Beer, Lagunitas, Island, Santa Maria, Docok.
- Vendors: Hats, sunglasses, rock art, jewelry, purses, wine accessories, etc.
- Plenty of portable bathrooms.
- Playground for the kids.
- Parking is a bit crowded. You may have to park on the main street or residential area and walk over.
- ATMs on site.
The festival is located at Central Park, Santa Clarita (27150 Bouquet Canyon Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91350). Tickets are sold at the door. Saturday tickets are $10 (entry must be purchased per person for each day), with free entry for children 12 and under. Individuals must be 21 years of age or older with a valid ID to consume alcohol for the duration of the festival. For more information, please visit BBQandBeerFestival.com.