The Montalbán’s outdoor 2018 film screenings on its rooftop event space, in the heart of Hollywood, start tonight! Carrying on the historic venue’s tradition of screening films since 1933, the five month series will run through Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
Foreign films from Spain and Mexico will inaugurate the summer film series – thanks to LA OLA – Independent Films From Spain and Hola Mexico Film Festival – followed by a diverse range of Montalbán-curated films including Black Panther, Grease, Inglorious Bastards, Sunset Blvd., Superbad and many others.
Films are scheduled to run five nights per week – every Tuesday through Saturday – with two screenings on Friday and Saturday evenings. Doors open at 6:00 pm and films start screening 10 minutes after sunset. Prices are either $10, $15 or $18.
The Montalbán is also pleased to announce its new culinary partner – Umami Burger.
The 2018 Montalbán Summer Movie Series kicks off tonight as a screening location for a portion of LA OLA’s annual Los Angeles showcase. Enjoy some of Spain’s best independent contemporary films during its fourth annual LA edition, which runs for four nights from Thursday, May 31 through Sunday, June 3, 2018 at three different Hollywood and Echo Park locations. Attend the first, second and third evening of the showcase on the Montalbán rooftop with the films Júlia Ist (May 31st), Donkeyote (June 1st) and Niñato (June 2nd).
Next, Hola Mexico Film Festival presented by DishLATINO – celebrating its 10th anniversary – will screen three of its nine evenings on the Montalbán rooftop – from Monday, June 4 through Wednesday, June 6 (and two more Hola evenings will take place inside the theater on Thursday, June 7th and Friday, June 8th). The rooftop screenings will include Amores Perros (June 4th), Pan’s Labyrinth (June 5th) and Tu Mama Tambien (June 6th).
The regular programing for the rooftop summer film series will begin on June 7th. The 2018 film series will premiere a new laser projector. The venue is eagerly awaiting the install of one of the very first new Canon XEED WUX7000Z projectors for its rooftop screenings just in time for opening night. This unparalleled projection solution will be complimented by The Montalbán’s Sound Off™ stereo headphone system and its KV2 Audio system. Another fun tech partner, Simple Booth, provides attendees the opportunity to share memories and connect with friends and family. Guests can take selfies or group pictures and send as images or GIFs.
A Glimpse of The 2018 Montalbán Summer Movie Series Schedule follows –
LA OLA [select festival dates @ The Montalbán: May 31 – June 2]:
- Thu. May 31 – Júlia Ist
- Fri. June 1 – Donkeyote
- Sat. June 2 – Niñato
HOLA MEXICO FILM FESTIVAL [select festival dates @ The Montalbán: June 4 – June 6]:
- Mon. June 4 – Amores Perros
- Tue. June 5 – Pan’s Labyrinth
- Wed. June 6 – Y Tu Mama Tambien
Regular Summer Movie Series Programming:
JUNE 2018 –
- Thu. June 7 – The Change Up
- Fri. June 8 – Black Panther
- Sat. June 9 – The Texture of Falling (Cinelounge screening)
- Tue. June 12 – Dirty Dancing
- Wed. June 13 – The Commitments
- Thu. June 14 – Refinery29 Special Screening TBA
- Fri. June 15 – Selena and Amy
- Sat. June 16 – What’s Love Got to Do with it and Thelma & Louise
- Tue. June 19 – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Wed. June 20 – Crash
- Thu. June 21 – Almost Famous
- Fri. June 22 – Goonies and Pulp Fiction
- Sat. June 23 – The Shining and Jackie Brown
JULY 2018 –
- Tue. July 3 – Sunset Blvd.
- Wed. July 4 – Usual Suspects
- Thu. July 5 – Clueless
- Fri. July 6 – Sin City and The Departed
- Sat. July 7 – Superbad and Pineapple Express
- Fri. July 13 – No Way Out and Pulp Fiction
- Sat. July 14 – Swordfish and Gladiator
- Fri. July 20 – Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and RocknRolla
- Sat. July 21 – Call Me by Your Name and Constantine
- Fri. July 27 – The Bridges of Madison County and Gran Torino
- Sat. July 28 – Mulholland Drive and Tombstone
For the most up-to-date confirmed film listing schedule, information, and tickets, visit: https://www.themontalban.com/movies-at-themontalban, and for the foreign films’ kick-off: https://www.themontalban.com/shows
The Montalbán Theatre is located at 1615 Vine Street, Hollywood, CA 90028. Movies are screened on its rooftop.