Last night (Nov. 22), Amazon Prime Video took flight on their nationwide tour in Los Angeles for The Aeronauts’ Incredible Journey in celebration of their soon-to-be-released feature film starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones – The Aeronauts.
By blending the past’s spirit of curiosity with the technology of the future, attendees flocked to The Rose Bowl grounds to reclaim a sense of wonder as they turned their gaze to the skies in an immersive experience set in 1862. Guests were delighted by a Victorian fair, a “Mammoth” hot air balloon ride (as featured in the film), a truth-seeking fortune teller, awe-inspiring hypnosis shows, food, games, cartoonists, performers dressed in period attire strolling the grounds, and much more. The festivities were inspired by The Aeronauts’ main protagonists’ incredible ballooning journey. The highlight of the evening was a screening of The Aeronauts.
The Aeronauts’ Incredible Journey will continue, and travel to other cities, on the following dates. Free tickets to the events can be found at aeronautsjourney.com.
- Los Angeles, California – Saturday, November 23 through Sunday, November 24 (movie screens at 5 p.m.) Take a jacket. It gets chilly!
- San Francisco, California – Tuesday, November 26
- Phoenix, Arizona – Saturday, November 30
- Atlanta, Georgia – Tuesday, December 10
- Orlando, Florida – Friday, December 13
- Austin, Texas – Tuesday, December 17
The Aeronauts will be in theaters Dec. 6 and on Amazon Prime Dec. 20, 2019.